We know Gate (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted jointly, every year (usually in February), by IISc. and 7 IITs. An All India Examination testing the undergraduates from engineering and science background. Candidates qualifying or getting good marks to become eligible for taking part in different post-graduate programs offered by the top institutes. The government also provides some financial help. There are also many top private and public sectors which recruit graduates on the basis of GATE marks.
The Gate 2016 Exam will be organized by Indian Institute of Science
- The exam will be held, as usual, between January 30, 2016 to February 7, 2016.
- Application Fee- 750 for the SC / ST / PWD & for women candidates and 1500 for General Categories
- Everything will be online from fee payment to Exam.
APPLICATION (FORM FILL-UP) TIMELINES
Starting Date – September 1, 2015
Last Date- October 1, 2015
The form fill-up can be done by logging into any of the official websites of the institutes mentioned below.
- IISc Bangalore website- www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
- IIT Bombay website- www.gate.iitb.ac.in
- IIT Delhi website- www.gate.iitd.ac.in
- IIT Guwahati website- www.iitg.ernet.in/gate
- IIT Kanpur website- www.gate.iitk.ac.in
- IIT Kharagpur website- www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- IIT Madras website- www.gate.iitm.ac.in
- IIT Roorkee website- www.iitr.ac.in/gate
CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
For Further Query Contact on the following numbers- +91 80 2360 676(1/2/3/4/5) or click on the above links.
2015 STATISTICS (SOURCE- WIKIPEDIA)
The 2015 stats says that a total of 804463 students appeared out of 927580 registered students. Out of these numbers of appeared students only 134934 students received the scorecards, i.e., crossed the cut-off marks.
The percentage of Mechanical students appeared in the examination were 23.09, i.e., maximum numbers as compared to the other disciplines.