Important Current Affairs 30 October 2018
1. Where was the foundation of India’s largest dry Dock laid?
The foundation was laid by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari at Cochin Shipyard in Kerala on 30th October 2018.
The project is expected to be completed by ay 2021.
2. Which Indian state launched the Early Warning Dissemination System and the Mass Message System?
It was launched on the ocassion of Odisha Disaster Preparedness Day (29 October) by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to warn the people living at the coastal areas through alert siren system from towers installed at 122 places.
3. India decided to establish a Joint Commission with which country?
India and Qatar decided to establish a Joint Commission to strengthen their relationship. It will be chaired by the ministers of external and foreign affairs of the two countries.
4. Who was sworn in as the Sikkim High Court Chief Justice?
Justice Vijay Kumar Bisht sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim HC on 30th October 2018.
5. Who was sworn in as the Bombay High Court Chief Justice?
Justice Naresh Harishchandra Patil sworn in as the Chief Justice of Bombay HC on 29th October 2018.
6. What is the new name of Telecom Commission?
As per the new telecom policy notified by the government, the new name is Digital Communications Commission.
7. Which two countries recently launched Oceanography Satellite?
China and France jointly launched Oceanography satellite on October 29 2018. It is their first jointly built satellite.
8. Where was the World’s largest Airport opened?
The World’s largest Airport terminal “Under One Roof” was opened in Istanbul, Turkey on Turkey’s Republic Day 29 October.
It has the capacity of to serve 90 million passengers.