Check out these Important Current Affairs 27 October 2018
1. Who will host the 24th edition of Technology Summit?
India will host the 24th edition of Technology summit in New Delhi with Italy as a partner country.
The Summit will be inaugurated on 29th October 2018.
2. Where was the fifth edition of Women of India National Organic Festival inaugurated?
It was inaugurated at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA) in New Delhi. This festival promotes women entrepreneurs and farmers in the organic field.
3. Which PSU received the Top Challengers’ Award 2018?
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) received the Top Challengers’ Award 2018 for the showing good performance during the financial year 2017-2018. It is a Mini Ratna PSU under the Ministry of Defence.
4. Which bank has proposed to change its name?
IDFC bank will change its name from IDFC bank to IDFC First Bank Ltd. It just needs the approval of RBI.
5. Punjab government recently signed MoUs with which country to address farmer issues and water depletion?
Punjab government signed 4 MoUs with Israel. It was signed in the presence of Punjab Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh.
6. Who became the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Mahinda Rajapaksa, the the former President became the new prime minister of Sri Lanka he will replace Ranil Wickremesinghe.
7. Where was the 2nd International conference on Primary Health Care held?
It was held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
8. Who won the 2018 World Billiards Championship title held in Leeds, UK?
Saurabh Kothari of India won it by defeating Peter Gilchrist of Singapore.
9. What is the theme of the 2nd edition of the Guwahati International Film Festival 2018?
10. What is the theme for the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2018?
The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is celebrated every year on 27th October. The theme for 2018 is “Your Story is Moving”.