The Branch of science which deals with the study of fluids at rest.
- It states that the pressure or intensity of pressure at a point in a fluid at rest is equal in all directions.
- Let consider a fluid at rest in a closed container then a change in pressure at one point will be transmitted without loss to every point of fluid and to the walls of the container.
- The rate of increase of pressure in the vertical direction is equal to weight density of the fluid at that point at that point.
Where p= pressure
Z= height from the surface
Pressure Measurement Terms
- Pressure measured with reference to absolute zero pressure.
- Pressure measured with reference to the atmospheric pressure.
- The pressure which is below the atmospheric pressure.
Relationships between these different Pressures
Pabs = Pgauge + Patm
Pvacuum = Patm – Pabs
MEASUREMENT OF PRESSURE ON A FLUID (DEVICES)
- MANOMETERS- Simple and Differential
- MECHANICAL GAUGES
Read More- Solid Friction and Viscosity Dissimilarities
Read More- Degrees of Freedom?
Read More- Download GATE Handwritten Note