What does Coding-Decoding mean ?
Basically, coding is a system of transmitting the information from one person to another without known to the the third person.
The person receiving the signal or information is called the receiver, and he/she must know to decode the codes.
So, in questions related to coding-decoding, a word is coded in a particular pattern and the candidates are asked to find the similar pattern.
Rules to follow for quick result –
- Memorize the English Alphabets with the positions.
- Memorize the forward/Backward order positions. A → Z & Z → Z
- Memorize the opposite of each Alphabets. Ex- Y opposite of B.
- If sum of two letters is 27, then both are opposite of each other. Ex – Y (25th position) opposite of B (2nd position). Here (25 + 2 = 27)
- Always approach the Question by writing the letters’ position.
- Make your own tricks to memorize the positions, opposite etc.
- More you practice the more command you will get.
Types of Questions
- Direct/Indirect Letter Coding
- Number or Symbol Coding
- Substitution Coding
- Message decoding from words or numerals